The Money MBA Podcast welcomes Frank Jurs “Occupy Wisdom” to the show.
This is Part 2, of a 2 part interview.
Visit http://www.MoneyMBA.com for access to a video recording of the interview and detailed show notes
Frank Jurs (an alias pen name) is best known on Twitter as “Occupy Wisdom”.
Recently he’s changed the name a few times, and has settled on @Occupy_Wysdom after a short stint as “Stack_Capital”, but who knows what it will be by the time you search for him.
Regardless of what name he uses, his avatar image is unmistakable, and so is his ability to stir up heated debate on Twitter.
Some of his favorite topics include Bitcoin, Crypto-currencies, Gold, and anything related to the topic of sound money, which was the premise for his book “Why We’re Poor: Understanding Money Ignorance in America” .
His ability to simplify complex ideas in 140 characters made him a must follow for the Fin-Twit community, and in this interview I gave Frank the extra space to develop his thoughts in greater detail.
Whether you like him, or hate him, you’ll love our conversation … and regardless which camp you fall into be sure you listen to the full interview as we discuss the potential of inviting a few of our listeners to engage with Frank directly on a future podcast episode.
Please click here to SUBSCRIBE to the podcast.
Originally recorded July 13, 2019
Frank Jurs (Occupy Wisdom)
Author of “Why We’re Poor: Understanding Money Ignorance in America”
Twitter: @Occupy_Wysdom (formerly “Stack_Capital”)
Best Mortgage Rate
- 2:30 – Counter Party risks of Crypto-currencies
- 6:42 – Bitcoin as payout in life insurance
- 12:42 – The infinite supply of Crypto-currencies
- 14:38 – Bitcoin as a speculative mania
- 18:45 – The track record of Gold as sound money
- 20:32 – The Future of crypto could look very different
- 21:41 – Will Bitcoin exist in the future?
- 22:20 – What makes crypto-currencies speculation
- 25:10 – What do you own when you own Bitcoin
- 26:25 – Bitcoin vs. Gold
- 36:49 – Store of value – The point everyone is missing about Gold vs. Bitcoin
- 44:02 – The psychology of a speculator
- 48:54 – The Wealth Effect
- 58:50 – How to define inflation
- 1:03:35 – Where will markets be in 12 – 24 months
- 1:07:06 – Why we’re poor, understanding money ignorance in America